Thursday, December 22, 2011

Hug A Reindeer

Sorry, no kid's rooms reveal update today. My editing team is off. Something about 'wanting a half day to spend time with family AND still get their two shillings and a half penny.' Can you believe that? Bah Humbug you greedy bastards.

The other day I had the privilege of displaying my craft at a holiday boutique at Ms. Ada's exquisite McMansion.  Ridiculously lovely home. I'd be lying if I said that I didn't consider riding the grand, decorative flying reindeer that was on dazzling display in the atrium in front of the spiral staircase.  On Dasher!

I digress.

The pep talk that I got from Mr beforehand was, "Don't accept any custom orders. You don't have time. Say 'no.' You can do it."

So, here is the Santa plate that I just finished for Ada.



To my defense, Ada is a mean negotiator.

Ada: Do you have another Santa cookie plate?
Me: No.  But, I could make one.
Ada: Are you sure you have time for that.
Me: Sure. I'll even send you some new design drafts so you can pick out what you like best.
Ada: Great!

See. I can't compete with that.  It was honestly the least that I could do for her opening up her home for the boutique...and the least I could do for all those naughty thoughts of doing one quick leg swing to mount and then acting out the galloping motion on her gilded deer.

No comments:

Post a Comment