Tuesday, July 3, 2012

LEGO Vaughn: Red Bright and Blue

This 4th of July I drink to celebrate our great country.  And honestly, also, to celebrate the completion of my nephew Vaughn's LEGO bedroom.



And in the next couple of weeks, I will share the details of how my sister Sherri, Anthony and I took his room from Bunk Bed Beige:


to Red, Bright and Blue - LEGO style:


I'll even divulge the behind the scenes frenzy.  About my tears when I learned that Vaughn didn't want to keep his Hotwheels painting in the room because it didn't go with the LEGO theme.  About Sherri's favorite color, greige (gray + beige) and how, after some hyperventilating, it helped us meet up in a cosmopolitan color scheme fit for a prince.  And about what it is was like for me to work with two first-born adults.


Wait, I'll tell you that right now.  It was bliss.  Knowing that everything was going to be measured thrice and cut once, perfectly spaced and that the LEGOs in the art would be positioned with their tiny logos facing the same way.

I didn't ask for that last one, but I got it.


I'll also tell you now that these photos were taken about twenty minutes after we wanted to be arriving at the airport for our flight home to Phoenix.

It was madness.

Euphoric LEGO madness.


I look forward to sharing it all with you.

And I look forward to that celebratory drink.  The drink to honor the women and men that protect our country's freedom. And the drink to the red striped shirt LEGO man that safeguards my nephew's imagination.

Update: Links to all the LEGO projects:
Upholstered Box Spring
Name Art
Headboard and Cornice
Mural

No comments:

Post a Comment