Monday, January 9, 2012

Breaker, Breaker, Heartbreaker

Don't tell Mr. Schatze, but I have love in my heart for another man.

He has eyes that melt your heart.

A smile that makes you concede to any request.

He is a hockey player.

A dreamer.

A Twins fan.

And was a sheep in the Christmas program at church last month.


This is Luke.  If you are hugging your computer screen now I will understand.

I went to high school with Luke's mom Carissa in Luverne.  Technically, Carissa is from Kenneth, MN. No, no. We like Kenneth.  Kenneth doesn't fall into that 30-mile radius of judgement like Adrian does.  Maybe because it's kids came to Luverne for school.  No, it is because Kenneth is awesome.

- Everyone from Kenneth can name each and every other citizen, all 60 of them.
- When we would play a game of kick-the-can in Kenneth, we literally played in the entire town of Kenneth
- I've never know Carissa's street address from Kenneth.  I just put the name, city, sate and zip and it gets there every time.
- On a side note, Carissa's dad helped me install a CB radio in my station wagon in their Kenneth driveway.  My handle was 'Midnight Rambler.' We can talk about that more some other time.


I digress.  When I grow up, I want to be Carissa.  She is boisterous, loving, motivated, inspiring, caring, compassionate, enthusiastic, funny.  I could go on and on.  The point is, I have a long way to go to be a Carissa.

When she was pregnant with Luke, her first, I wanted to give her something unique.  Carissa is a volleyball expert and played during college at Bethel.  I really wanted to make a baby volleyball uniform with replica bunhuggers, like we wore in high school.  Yeah, kind of crossing the line since they knew it was going to be a boy.  Instead, I stalked Luke's dad, Chris.  He is a hockey star and current assistant hockey coach for the Bethel Royals.  A replica hockey jersey was in the works.


Yep, this is a recent photo.  Mustaches are back in a big way.  Get on board people.



I tracked down Chris' college number and started sewing like mad.  I finished just in time to get it in the mail for arrival after her baby shower. Don't judge my time management.  


Since it was late, Chris got to help open the gift at home.  Way better.  My lack of time management paid off this time.


From what I hear, fans have a hard time watching an actual Bethel hockey game this season.  You know, since they are so distracted by the handsome drooler in the front row.


Thanks Luke, for distracting me for the rest of the day with thoughts of squeezing the cheeks of my favorite hockey player.  I can't wait until you can run around and we can compete in a game of Kenneth kick-the-can.  I know all the best spots for hiding.  You don't stand a chance.

This has been the Midnight Rambler.

Over and out.


No comments:

Post a Comment