Thursday, June 21, 2012

Isaac's Crib: Smart Art

The 18-year lease on Isaac's crib starts in just a few days, so I've worked hard recently to add in the finishing touches.

I took the room decorations seriously.  He isn't a kid that just gets a random cutesy elephant picture.  No. The names that Jen and Jeff tossed around for him were Isaac, Tesla, Nikola, Newton.  You know, just the greatest scientist and engineer ever.

My design solution was clear - Nursery Smart Art.  Starting with my version of Baby Newton's Apple that I created in Photoshop.


On the opposite wall is the Smart Art collage.


One is the formula for Newton's Law of Gravity.  (that I saw on a T-shirt and had to learn more about from Wikipedia)

Another is his Team Tesla poster.  (two minute you tube history of Tesla)

And finally the color prism.  What? Of course I did not know that Isaac Newton was the one that demonstrated that light already contained colors.

I didn't know most of this when I started.  Isaac is already making me smarter.  


The Ikea dog butt hooks count as smart art because they are creative genius.


The blank frame is for an enlarged copy of his Sophisticated Gentleman birth announcement.  I will show you that down the road.

And the green V book shelves are from Ikea too.

Here is a closer look at the Smart Art images.





Now, who is with me on Team Tesla?






No comments:

Post a Comment