Monday, August 26, 2013

The Antistrip


I'm in Las Vegas, but instead of my go-to companions of a cheering craps table and a gelato cone from the Bellagio, I chose to spend this rainy desert day with a stale coffee and the quiet inspiration of the Las Vegas Design Center.

And by quiet, I mean that during my hours in the dozen or so spacious showrooms, I encountered 4 other patrons. It was the antistrip. Just me and the warm staff workers answering my questions that never once made me feel like I shouldn't be spending time amongst all the products and fabrics and chandeliers that are out of my price range.

They just let me dream.

About painting a wall black.



And having a $7,000 office chair.



And about how my heart would palpitate while I swung from a chandelier. 




A chance to fantasize about my own gallery wall with a lion head knocker.




And napping in Morocco. 




And being a rock star with bling tufted chairs that make me feel petite and dainty.


I highly recommend a visit. Especially if you are in the market for new decor. Some of the items were surprisingly reasonable and are purchased through the LVDC designers who get them shipped new right to your home.

But even if you're just gawking like me, it is worth the short trip to experience your ass in a $7000 desk chair. 



No comments:

Post a Comment