Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Ann Taylor Makeover

I recently fell in love with the Ann Taylor lace sheath dress when searching for a hot little number to wear to my friend's MN fall wedding.


If I looked like the model in the picture, then I likely would have fallen in love with it 'as is' but I don't.  I loved the fit, the tailored look, the lace, and that the length was perfect for me.  I didn't love how the neckline made me appear wide and boxy.  But it fit so great!  I got it anyway...with plans to make that demure neckline a little more hussy.


While I usually feel like V-neck is most flattering on me, I didn't think that a V would work as well with the detail and tailoring of the dress.  So, I went with a square neckline.  With the dress on, I pinned out the spot where I wanted the neckline to end/dress to begin and pinned the sides to mark where my favorite bra would still lay comfortably and not show.  


I delicately removed the edging on the neckline and let my scissors do the walkin.  After sewing the lace overlay to the lining, I finished it off with binding tape.  Just laid it over the edge and zig-zag stitched it on.  I couldn't find the exact width of binding tape as Ann's crew had used, but I quickly decided I didn't care and it wouldn't matter.  It didn't.


I was happy.  Super happy.




But, not as happy as when I got to dance the night away with some beautiful friends.




No comments:

Post a Comment